Here are 10 Moving Tips to make your move to or around San Antonio that much easier. We move people for a living so we have picked up some helpful hints!
Tips, Tricks, and Hacks to Get You Through Your Move
San Antonio consistently ranks as one of the fastest growing cities in the country, but this is no surprise considering it offers rich culture, fantastic schools, an abundance of jobs, countless attractions, and of course, the San Antonio Spurs.
If you are relocating here, you have to be feeling pretty excited. If you already live here and you are just moving residences, you are likely also eager to explore parks, restaurants, and attractions in your new area. Now, you just need some tips and tricks to get you through your big moving day.
- Wrap your breakables in clothes and towels, so you don’t have to buy bubble wrap. Plus, you won’t need to pack your clothes in a box!
- Pack an overnight bag for everyone in the home. Include: bedding, towels, toiletries, coffee maker, clothes, etc. Moving with kids comes with its own list of challenges, especially young children. Pack an overnight bag for them, and you will be able to grab their PJs without being forced to dig through a mountain of boxes when it’s naptime.
- Hire San Antonio movers early. Reputable moving companies are booked pretty far in advance. Besides, you will feel less stressed when you know things are situated.
- Don’t be scared to be glued to your checklist. You have a lot to handle before the move, so check things off as you go!
- There is no such thing as too many labels. Use colored stickers to label boxes and furniture according to room, so the movers can quickly see where they go. You should also store hardware, cables, plugs, etc. in individual sandwich bags and label each bag with what the contents belong to.
- Downsize while you are packing. There is no point moving anything you don’t need or want. Besides it always feels good to purge, and you can donate to a local charity.
- Plan your meals. You want to try to use up everything you can out of your fridge and freezer. Take inventory of what you have two weeks prior to the move and plan your meals. This will also allow you to write your grocery list so you are not buying anything you don’t need.
- If you decide to wrap anything in newspaper wrap it in white tissue paper first so the ink doesn’t transfer.
- Take advantage of San Antonio’s Grub Hub to have food delivered while you are unpacking.
- Consider hiring professionals to unpack for you. They can get you settled in a fraction of the time it would take you do unpack everything.