We’ll explain why (and we won’t be biased):
A move can mark a major change in your life: a new job, an empty nest, retirement, a divorce, a marriage. Whatever it is, moving can be very stressful. All the packing, deciding what you want to keep or get rid of, finding all the boxes you need, wondering how you’re going to get all your stuff from point A to point B. But that’s when hiring a moving company can come in handy!
The Truth About DIY Moving
Moving on your own can be extremely stressful and expensive. Here is exactly what you have to do, if you move without using a moving company:
- Pack your entire house
- Find and buy enough boxes, bubble wrap, tape, and markers
- Wrap your furniture, so it doesn’t get damaged, including your mattress
- Specially wrap plates, breakables, and electronics so they won’t break during transit
- Determine how much stuff you have, which will determine the size of the truck you’ll need to rent
- Figure out where is the best place to rent that truck and then where can you drop the truck off after your move? This means determining exact dates and times
- Find people to help you move, in many cases guilt-tripping them into doing something no one wants to do, trying to get everyone’s schedules synced up, and then providing them with a reason to help – like free pizza
- If you have more than one story or live in an apartment that isn’t on the first floor, that means there are a lot of chances for injury or damage to your belongings as you try to get them into the truck during the move
Have Less Stress
There are plenty of things to stress about in life, but moving really doesn’t need to be one of them. Making a plan can help, because it will give you organization and remind you what needs to be done and when. But even more so, hiring a professional moving company will give you the freedom to focus on what’s important to you, like making your new house a home. You shouldn’t have to worry and stress about the move.
It Makes Sense Financially
You may agree that hiring a moving company will relieve your stress and worry, but then you wonder about your finances. Is it even wise to hire a moving company? Wouldn’t it be cheaper to do it all yourself? Actually, if you look at the costs overall, it is more expensive to do it yourself. You must buy all the packing material yourself (which adds up quickly), then rent the truck, move everything yourself, and try to figure out what to do with your own vehicle. In the end, it costs far more than you would expect and takes a toll on you physically and mentally.
Hire a Moving Company
Trying to do a move on your own also creates a lot of stress and anxiety. Maybe you aren’t physically able to pack your own things. And trying to drive one of those moving trucks is really hard if you don’t do it for a living. So, why not hire professional movers and packers?
Our moving company, 3 Men Movers, services Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, and Austin, Texas. We not only help you move, we can take away even more of your burden by helping you pack! Many of us are very busy in our lives with our jobs, our families, our friends. We just don’t have time to pack all our stuff, and it can be extremely overwhelming to look around your home and think, “Why do I have so much stuff?” You may want to give up before you even get started. That’s okay! You don’t need to get overwhelmed! We are happy to do the packing and moving for you. Let our professionals take care of you like you are one of our family.