Moving can be so confusing and daunting. There can be so much that goes into a move that it can be easy to just think about getting it done and you may not even bother to think of how to make it easier and simpler. If you take the time to think about the move beforehand and plan ways to make things go smoother and save time, you may not even realize you are moving when you are in the middle of it.
A lot of times when we stress about something we tend to just make it more difficult and even worse we tend to put it off. The worst thing you can do is just sit around worrying about your move. It is okay to sit and plan your move, that is a good thing. Don’t sit and stress it though, get moving.
There are simple things that can help your move. Our movers and moving specialists see it every day. San Antonio movers get caught up on the move and don’t think about the simple ways they could have saved a few steps and made things smoother.
We have put together a few simple tips and things to remember for San Antonio movers to make their next move easy. What may have been a difficult moving experience can quickly turn into a fast move into a new and wonderful home. A tiny bump in the road.
- Start early and set goals. Even if you are just packing one or two boxes a day, get moving. Like we said, the worst thing you can do is sit around worrying. Get the family involved and set goals. You can even make it into a contest for the family. Winner gets pick of the bedroom!
- Ask questions and communicate well with your San Antonio mover. If you don’t feel comfortable with your San Antonio mover, find a new one. You should be able to ask any questions you have about your move and feel very comfortable with every aspect of your move.
- Start dwindling down what is in your kitchen. This will kill two birds with one stone. You can save money by not eating out as a family and you will also clear out that kitchen and have less to pack and throw out.
- Prepare and protect your valuables. Use good boxes. It’s not worth the risk of a blowout and breaking your valuables to use old boxes. You may even find online there is somewhere in your community that recycles well-preserved boxes. Also, use lots and lots of padding for glass and fragile items.
- No newspaper for packing. Newsprint stains.
- Use small boxes for heavier items. This will help your movers move quicker. This is especially true for books.
- Don’t leave any empty spaces. This applies to boxes and to your moving truck. Empty spaces in boxes leave room for things to clank around and break. Empty space in the truck makes it easy for larger items to fall on other items and the larger items can easily break when bouncing around.
- Get rid of everything you don’t need. Seriously, whether you give it away, throw it away or sell it, just get rid of it. The less you have to move the easier and more cost efficient. It also feels so much better moving into a new home or new apartment having only the essentials and not bringing along anything you don’t need.
- Keep a few essential tools around during the packing and unpacking process. If you don’t do this you may end up feeling like most of your time is spent running around looking for the screwdriver.