5 Easy Tips To Relieve Your Moving Anxiety
It doesn’t matter how excited you are over a move, you will likely experience some level of anxiety. It is a big event, but there are things you can to reduce these anxious feelings, so you can better enjoy the experience.
Anxiety can worsen stress and lead to sleepless nights. The reason it is so common for people to get a cold during a move is because they allow themselves to become run down. These tips will help you gain control of your move-related anxiety, and they can also come in handy during other stressful times, as well.
• 4-7-8 Breathing – The 4-7-8 breathing technique is one of the easiest things you can do. In fact, it is so easy that you will be amazed that it can actually be so effective. To do this trick, you breathe in for four seconds through your nose, hold your breath for the next seven seconds, and then slowly exhale through your mouth for eight seconds. The technique slows your heart rate and has a chemical-like effect on the brain. It is really helpful to do if you are having trouble falling asleep at night, but it is also simple enough to do sitting at your desk or stuck in traffic, too.
• Meditate – If you are prone to anxiety you have probably had people tell you to meditate before, but maybe you just don’t think it will help. Well, try it and you will understand. Meditation alters the neural pathways in your brain, which makes you resistant to stress. Learning to dismiss distracting thoughts will come in handy throughout your life.
• Hire a Mover – If you have the stress of handling the actual moving process weighing on your shoulders, you are naturally going to feel more anxious. Maybe the burden of finding time to pack has your mind constantly racing. Hiring an established and respected moving company you can trust, such as 3 Men Movers, will instantly reduce the level of anxiety you are feeling.
• Get Active – Okay, you already have a full schedule, so you are probably saying you absolutely don’t have time to hit the gym. You don’t have to! Get up a half hour early for a quick walk or jog or do a 20-minute yoga session after work or before bed. This will encourage the production of endorphins. These hormones act like natural painkillers, and make you feel better mentally and physically.
• Eat Right – It is more important than ever to eat a healthy diet during this time. If you are binging on sugar and drinking a lot of caffeine, you will experience highs and lows all day long, which can make a small bump in the road feel like a mountain. If you are really busy with work and preparing for the move, plan your meals in advance. Spend a few hours after you go grocery shopping preparing healthy meals and snacks that you can just grab when you are in a hurry.