Packing Smarter – 9 Easy Tips!
You can take your chances cramming things randomly in boxes, or you can try these tips that pay it forward with a much easier UNpacking experience! If it is in your budget to hire a professional packer, we highly recommend; otherwise, try these nine tips to become a packing ninja!
- Use foam plates to pack dishes.
- Pack glasses and stemware in (clean) socks.
- Cover openings of toiletries, dish soap, etc. with Saran Wrap and replace the lid to create a good seal.
- Leave clothes in drawers and just cover each one with Glad Press ‘n Seal.
- Take a photo of computers and media centers before disconnecting so you can see how they go.
- Use towels, tees, tanks, hoodies, etc. to cushion boxes and wrap breakables.
- Pack books, small electronics etc. in rolling suitcases.
- Use colored stickers to label boxes according to room. Always label two sides of boxes. No need to label the top since it may be covered by another box anyway.
- Use garbage bags to wrap bundles of clothes left on hangers. These can be laid flat on your backseat.
Packing is usually the precursor to a move, so below you can find some additional moving advice if you are still trying to iron out some details!
• Always create a checklist. You will likely forget to take care of certain tasks, if you don’t have a written reminder of them.
• Use toothpaste or a bar of soap to fill nail holes in the place you are moving out of.
• Defrost your fridge the day before you move.
• Have quick access to the bare necessities. Pack a box to keep with your containing towels, shower liner, screwdriver, hammer, towel, sheets, and change of clothes.
Happy Packing and Moving!