Every year, about 11 percent of the American population packs their bags and moves. We already know when they’re most likely to move — between May and September — and we have some idea of where they’re moving, as we know Texas has become one of the most popular places to move in recent years. In fact, one study found that the busiest moving route of 2017 was California to Texas! But one thing that you might not know is why people move. If you’re considering moving soon and are about to start your search for Dallas movers, you might be interested in finding out if your reason for moving is one of the top reasons other people move.
They Want a Different House
The No. 1 reason for people to move is to get a better house than the one they have now. According to a survey taken by the Census Bureau in 2013, a whopping 48 percent of people moved due to a housing reason. Now what does this mean exactly? Here are some examples of why someone might want a different home:
- They’re currently renting and are ready to buy a house.
- They’re tired of constantly fixing up their older home and want a new house.
- They want to downsize to a smaller home.
- They need a larger home.
Their Family Is Going Through Changes
Another reason a household might be ready to hire a Dallas moving company and hit the road is that something has changed in their family. The Census Bureau’s survey said about 30 percent of people who moved between 2012 and 2013 did so for family reasons. These are some common family-related reasons to move:
- They’re ready to move out of their parents’ house and establish their own household.
- They need to move in with a family member to take care of him or her.
- They want to be closer to family in another state, city or neighborhood.
- They’re having a baby and need more space.
- They’re getting married … or divorced.
They’re Experiencing Job Changes
The third most common reason a household might need to start looking for Dallas movers is to move for a job. This could be a happy move or a sad move, depending on the exact job-related reasons. The following are some events that could require people to move:
- They got a new job and want to move closer to their workplace.
- They finally make enough money to buy their dream home.
- They lost their job and need to move to a more affordable home.
- They lost their job and need to move in with family.
They’re Seeking a New Location
Finally, a big reason people move is to get away from their current location and start living in a better one. Whether they move to a new country, state, city or neighborhood, they’re typically hoping for an improvement in their living situation. Location-based reasons to move include the following:
- They need a better school district for their children.
- They want more pleasant weather.
- They’re in search of a safer neighborhood.
- They have an urge to see the world and want to move to another country.
So what’s your reason for moving? Is it on the list, or do you have a totally original motivation for your next move? No matter why you’re about to move, don’t attempt to do it alone! Find an experienced Dallas moving company to help. Contact 3 Men Movers today for a free moving estimate from Dallas movers who will be happy to help you make your move!